A Sweet, Sweet Side of Mariah Carey
The original Queen, Queen Mimi, shares intimate moments of her life in the new docu-series, ‘Mariah’s World’.
She broke the entertainment scene at 18, when she was first signed on to Columbia Records. Her first album alone has garnered four number 1 singles, which includes the famous ‘Vision of Love’. With a vocal range of more than five octaves, she is definitely one of the most powerful and distinctive singers of our time. Yes, we are talking about none other than, Mariah Carey.
As one of the first divas ever, Mariah Carey found her love for singing when she was still a child. At 4, she began taking voice lessons and her journey to stardom was not one paved with rubies and gold. After graduating from high school, she worked as a waitress, coat check girl, and studied cosmetology while actively writing and pursuing a music career at night. The rest, as they say, is history.
Come December, Queen Mimi will be gracing our small screens with her first ever docu-series, entitled ‘Mariah’s World’. Viewers will be treated to an exclusive look behind her glamorous life, both on and off stage. The series will also follow Mariah Carey as she prepares and begins for her ninth concert, the ‘Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour’, where she will be performing in six venues across Great Britain and various others across Europe, as well as several dates in Africa.
As an accomplished singer, songwriter, actress, singing competition judge, amongst others, there is really nothing Mariah Carey cannot do. However, if you find yourself wondering if all the stories you have read about Mariah Carey are true, here is your chance to see for yourselves who she truly is. ‘Mariah’s World’ offers her fans a unique insight to Mariah Carey’s vulnerable and surprisingly humourous side, a part of her that has never been shown to the public.
Glimpse into the exclusive, luxurious and glamourous life of Queen Mimi this 6 December at 10 pm on E!, channel 712, Astro.
Tips to Looking and Feeling Healthy Inspired by Mariah Carey
- Set decent goals that are achievable in the timeframe you have planned.
- Never-ever starve yourself! It’s all about looking and feeling great on the inside and out through healthy eating coupled with exercises.
- Mariah Carey consumes 1,500 calories per day with lots of protein and greens.
- Always remember to stay hydrated.
- You don’t have to deprive yourself of your favourite food items. Case in point, Mariah Carey enjoys indulging in some of her favourites such as baked salmon, chicken salad with light mayo or mustard, and Moderation is key.
- It took Mariah Carey one year (yes, one whole year) to achieve her desired weight and figure, which resulted in a whopping 70-pounds weight loss. Do not give up!
- Bonus point. Here’s Mariah Carey’s apparent meal plan!
- Breakfast– Bread, two egg omelette and fruits
- Lunch– High protein food like fish, chicken or steak
- Dinner– Swordfish, spinach, other vegetables with butter or oil
- Snacks– Something light, for example raw vegetables and apple sauce
3 Things on Mariah Carey that We Have Absolutely No Clue About… Until Now!
- Queen Mimi does not celebrate birthdays, only anniversaries.
- Her fans are called Lambs, and if you have ever made and sent her a scrapbook, the word is, she probably would have seen it and LOVED IT!
- Everyone has an alter ego. For Mariah, it is none other than Bianca.