A familiar face in the K-industry, Lee Sang Yeob unveils his second project of the year as the lead hero, Yoon Seok Ho, in the Good Casting drama. It is an action comedy drama about a group of eccentric women assigned as undercover agents to solve a corruption case involving a large corporation in Seoul.
A CEO of a large corporation which is being investigated, Yoon Seok Ho, portrays an ideal man — perfect university credentials, good family background, young, dashing and well-mannered. Although admired by many, he battles with trust issues as he is wary of everyone who tries to get close to him.
Watch the story unravel in this fun-filled action-packed drama as the lead heroine (played by Choi Kang Hee) goes undercover as his secretary. Stay tuned on the drama at ONE, channel 393 on astro, to discover Yoon Seok Ho’s relationship with his secretary as the plot thickens.
Every Tue & Wed, 8.10PM, within 24 hours of Korea
Astro Channel 393
Interview with Lee Sang Yeob
- What attracted you to take up this drama?
First and foremost, the script was so fascinating. And I was a fan of Choi Kang-hee even before my debut, it was an easy decision to make.
- You have taken roles playing the white-collared workers, how different is this role of Yoon Seok Ho from your previous roles?
Well, I haven’t taken on many roles of white-collared workers. But I admit that this guy is the richest among them! And probably, this guy might be the one who longed for someone for the longest time.
- How would you describe your character Yoon Seok Ho and what are his charms? What do you like best about him?
He has got everything but he is the loneliest one. His parents, his first love… after everyone he loved had gone, he lived a life with a closed heart. But still, he has a very gentle demeanor. He is cold-hearted, but at the same time, he is weaker than anyone else. I like that aspect.
- How different or how similar are you to Yoon Seok Ho?
I am not as patient as Seok-ho. His clumsy character is like me, I guess. I make mistakes often. Seok-ho does not make mistakes that often, but I believe there is a side of him that he cannot hide.
- When playing the role of Yoon Seok Ho, you need to look posh and perfect all the time. How easy or difficult is this for you? Did you do extra workout and facial treatment? 😊
As I had to wear suits, I worked out hard. And I tried to get used to straightening my back all the time for the character.
- Your character looks perfect on the outside but has a trauma inside, are you also like that? Do you have a trauma that you have yet to overcome?
A trauma… It is not a trauma, but I always apply lip balm before the shooting. It makes me comfortable because I feel like my lips get dry more often than usual during the shooting. And I like to bring a bag full of stuff. I feel comfortable as well. I tried to reduce the amount of things but it did not work out. Tablet PC, Earphones, Camera, Diary…my bag is always heavy.
- You have previously mentioned that your role has various charms, what about yourself? Do you have different charms that will appeal to people? Can you share what charms you have?
The charms I have…well…this is a tough question hahaha. I’d say it’s how quickly I think of new ideas. During the filming, many ideas pop up in my mind, which makes it fun to act. I try to reflect those in acting.
- How would you rate your chemistry with Choi Kang Hee in the drama? Would there be a love-line between the two of you?
The chemistry between us was awesome. Our reaction to each other was so great every time. And there is definitely a love line between us. Seok-ho misses Chan-mi who had been his tutor while he was preparing for the college entrance exam.
- You have another weekend drama going on. How do you juggle your work? How do you de-stress?
As <Good Casting> was a pre-production, there was no problem in the schedule. At the end of the shooting of <Good Casting>, there was a slight overlap of the shooting period with the weekend drama, but it was fine.
Speaking of de-stressing, I don’t do special things. I am not the type of person who goes out often. I play video games, watch TV…nothing special. I get de-stressed simply after a long and good sleep.
- How is the atmosphere on the set like? Who is in charge of keeping the mood high for all actors?
Honestly, I thought I was in charge of keeping the mood high, but I don’t know what other people would think. Oh, our producer was better at it. He made the shooting site in a joyful mood all the time. Thanks to him, the team’s atmosphere was always great.
- Yoon Seok Ho was rejected by his first love and he felt so much hurt. Have you ever been rejected? If so, how did you recover from it?
I had an experience of breaking up that I did not want. Well..The only thing I remember is that it was so hard to recover from it. I doubt that there is a way to recover quickly. I just endured. And one day I got back to normal life. It took a while.
- This is an action comedy but it seems that the ladies are doing the action. Are you envious or are you actually glad you don’t have to do the action scenes? 🙂
As I don’t have an action scene, to be honest, it was comfortable. Even when Choi Kang-hee was filming her action scene when it was raining, I was holding an umbrella. I felt sorry. Maybe I was lucky. For me, the action is difficult…haha.
- You have played many different kinds of roles. Do you have a favourite? Or is there any role you would like to challenge?
While I was playing Lee Yoo Beom from <While You Were Sleeping>, the main producer and the writer gave me great autonomy and listened to me a lot. Expressing Yoo Beom’s weakness while yelling and shouting spurred by anger was not easy but fun.
There are a lot of roles I want to challenge…but I’d say a role from bright romantic dramas. Before I get too old, I want to try a romantic comedy.
- If you could describe your character and the drama in 2 lines, how would you put it?
This is going to be a drama with which the viewers can get rid of their stress. Let’s see if Yoon Seok-ho, who seems strong but weak, can catch his first love.
- Would you like to do other variety shows? If yes, what kind of variety show would you want to do?
I had a good memory from <Running Man>. I am always willing to be on those kinds of shows.
- As this is a comedic drama, you must have witty lines. Could you share one line that you really liked?
Seok-ho also said, “I Love You 3000”.
- Filming thus far, what are some of the fondest or memorable moments that you have had?
The people I worked with were so amazing and I enjoyed the scenes with Choi Kang-hee as well.
- Previously, you have shown a great interest in creating video/online content, are you still keeping up with it?
Creating video content was more difficult than I had expected. So I just want to communicate (with people) via my SNS as usual.
- What would you like to say to your fans in Singapore and Malaysia?
Greetings! Thank you for supporting me and having interest.
Though we are far away from each other, I can feel the love and support from you.
Please love <Good Casting> a lot and I hope to meet you soon.
I hope you always stay healthy and happy. Bye!